Child Protection Policy Statement
Chichester Racquets and Fitness Club is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young people to enjoy playing sport. We do this by:
- Appointing a Child Protection Officer who is responsible for children and young people, who will take specific responsibility for child safety and who will act as the main point of contact for parents, children and outside agencies.
- Recognising that all children and young people have the right to freedom from abuse.
- Ensuring that all our coaches, officials and volunteers are carefully selected and by accepting responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children and young people in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse, by providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concern they may have.
- Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the person responsible for children and young people or the appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Child Protection Policy and its activities each year.