Lockdown Announcement (Updated Monday, 4th January 2021)
Following the latest Government announcement I am sorry to say that the Club is again closed until further notice.
The LTA has also provided the following statement,
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 4 January of new national lockdown restrictions to be introduced across England, the LTA can confirm that regrettably all indoor and outdoor tennis facilities will need to close.
I will be touch with further information regarding the January membership subscriptions very shortly.
Please note that the Club telephones will not be staffed so please email email@example.com if you have any urgent queries.
Thank you again for your understanding and support.
Club Re-Opening Update (Updated Tuesday, 1st December 2020)
We are delighted to say that the Club will be reopening at 7am on Wednesday 2nd December. Unfortunately, the Chichester area will be in tier 2 (High) until at least the 16th of December. As a result, please see below the relevant restrictions from the 2nd December;
- Indoor tennis (dome) is for singles play only.
- Doubles play may only take place outside. An exception is if all are from the same household/support bubble in which case you can play indoors.
- Junior groups and 1-1 coaching can take place indoors, adult group coaching must be outside.
- Full tennis activity rules, tier by tier, can be found here - LTA
- Open as per pre lockdown, sessions must be booked in advance by clicking on the following link - Schedule Appointment with Gym Booking System (CRAFC) (as.me)
Squash & Racketball
- Awaiting further guidance from England Squash - England Squash - Back to Squash
- Unfortunately, there is to be no indoor socialising between different households and alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal. On this basis, it is with regret that the bar and restaurant will initially remain closed. Basic tea and coffee facilities will be available for individuals and same households/support bubbles.
Please note that the changing rooms will be available whilst following the usage guidelines.
As per pre lockdown, please continue to wear a face-covering in and around the Clubhouse and follow the standard Covid 19 guidance. Thank you.
Courts will be available to book online from Friday 27th November. Please note that courts can only be booked online, all other booking methods will not be available until reception opens on Wednesday 2nd December. For any urgent court booking queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond as soon as possible. Again, please note that the Club phones are not staffed until Wednesday 2nd December.
A further email will follow once the guidance from England Squash has been published.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
General Update (Updated Sunday, 1st November 2020)
Following the latest government announcement on Saturday evening, we are seeking further clarification in regards to the full impact at the Club.
A further email will follow in the coming days once all information is clear.
Gym & Squash Update (Updated 15th July 2020)
I am pleased to say that following the latest Government update, the gym and squash courts will reopen at the Club on Saturday 25th July.
The Club is processing the advice from UK Active and England Squash to ensure these facilities are reintroduced as safely as possible so please bare with us whilst we finalise our policies and procedures.
Full information on how these facilities will reopen will follow on Tuesday 21st July.
MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS & UPDATE (Updated 28th June 2020)
It has been lovely to see all the tennis courts being fully utilised during this nice spell of weather, long may it continue!
Please see below the July membership options whilst we continue to try and gradually reopen the Club. Whilst a number of the facilities at the Club are not yet able to reopen, July will be charged in a similar fashion to that of June;
- Temporary July Membership Pass - £38
Payable at reception and entitles the user to unlimited tennis
- £5 per person (pay as you play)
Payable at reception prior to each game of tennis
For July, the Club is asking its remaining adult membership (Full, Off-Peak and Social Members) if they would be willing to make a £7 Social membership contribution to the Club. The payment would include use of the Club car park, outside refreshment service (from the 4th July) and 1 complimentary game of tennis. This payment will be collected by direct debit on the 14th of July. Please note that this is a voluntary payment if you would like to opt-out please email email@example.com before Wednesday 10th July and we will remove the payment request and your membership will remain frozen. Please note that if you opt-out, it will exclude the use of the Club car park, thank you.
IF further playing facilities (Squash courts or Gym) can reopen in July, the same payment options will apply.
ONLINE COURT BOOKING RETURNS – Please note that online court booking will return from Wednesday 1st July and members may once again book 7 days in advance. The online booking system will open at 9am (all courts), please note that all other forms of booking will then be available at 9.30am.
TENNIS - RETURN TO RESTRICTED PLAY (Updated 12th May 2020)
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday evening, outdoor tennis will be allowed to take place. In light of this information and guidance provided from the LTA, the Club has taken the decision to open its outdoor tennis courts from Wednesday 13th May.
There will be restrictions in place to ensure the safety of our members and staff at all times.
The Club is enforcing the following guidance as provided from the LTA;
- Singles play only, other than where players are all from the same household in which case doubles can be played.
- Only the following tennis courts will be playable – 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 and one kidszone court
- A gap will be left after every booking to ensure a safe changeover
The outdoor courts will be open from 9.45am – 7.45pm, Monday – Friday, and 9am – 5.15pm at weekends.
Please ensure you read the following guidance from the LTA prior to playing at the Club - https://www.lta.org.uk/
The Club continues to freeze its overall membership fees whilst there is very much limited access to the facilities. The following payment options are available for those who wish to play outdoor tennis.
- £10 per court booking (45 mins or 1.5 hour) or £5 for U18s
- £25 temporary membership pass – 13th May – 31st May 2020, £10.00 for under 18s. This entitles you to unlimited play. *If you purchase a pass and play with somebody who does not have a temporary membership pass, there is a £5 fee for that individual
- Payment to be made at reception prior to going on court – CARD payments only, please
- Please observe social distancing at all times and only one member in the reception area at any time. Please remain behind the protection screen.
- The Clubhouse (apart from the reception area), squash and fitness facilities remain closed. The front toilets will be available.
- Booking – initially bookings will only be available by telephone to ensure there is a gap for changeover, we will work to get this incorporated into the online booking system asap. Telephones will be staffed during the court opening times, however, the Club may close early if there are no bookings. As Wednesday is the first day back, the Club phones will be staffed from 9am to accept bookings for that day. Temporary rule change – court bookings can only be made 3 days in advance.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB WITHOUT A BOOKING – THANK YOU
- Staffing – Thank you to all members who have passed on kind messages in regards to the Club staff, the whole workforce is currently on Furlough leave but 2 members of staff will be returning to enable the Club courts to open. Understandably, this is a challenging financial time for the Club. We will be operating with a skeleton workforce to keep costs down as much as possible so please do bear with us during this time.
Please note that these playing terms are temporary and subject to change at anytime.
Please do observe the guidance above to keep members, guests and staff as safe as possible. Thank you.
Membership Subscription Update (Tuesday 24th March 2020@13:24)
During the period of Club closure, from 1st April 2020, the Club will not be collecting any membership fees for up to 3 months (25% discount on annual membership). If the period of closure extends beyond 3 months the Club will provide a further update. If you pay by direct debit you do not need to do anything as no money will be collected, please do not cancel your direct debit.
UPDATE (Monday, 23rd March 2020@21:39)
Following the Government's announcement tonight, I am sorry to say that the Clubhouse and ALL courts will be closed until further notice from 10pm tonight (Monday 23rd March).
Further information regarding membership subscriptions will be circulated in the next 48 hours.
If you have any questions or queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Club phones will not be staffed until further notice.
Thank you all for your understanding.
UPDATE – Friday 20 th March (21:36pm)
Following the Government's announcement this afternoon, the Clubhouse will be closed
until further notice from 10pm tonight – FRIDAY 20 th MARCH.
The Clubhouse includes all indoor facilities at the Club, please note that the Dome will also
For the time being, the outdoor tennis courts may still be used but I urge all users to follow the
governments guidance on social distancing. Currently the LTA and PHE still advise that tennis
can be played.
To access the courts, please come through the lower green gates, these will be unlocked from
8.45am on Saturday 21st March. Please note that all indoor facilities will not be accessible.
Tennis court bookings can only be made online and will be member-managed on the day. For
example - you will not be checked in by a member of staff and advised what court.
I fully understand you will have questions surrounding membership subscriptions, please note
that I will be in touch early next week with an update regarding this.
These are unprecedented times so I thank you in advance for your understanding.
CRAFC - CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (9:50 am, Thursday 19th March)
During this time I would like to assure our members that the Club is open and will continue to be unless informed otherwise by the Government, Public Health England and our Governing bodies.
As a precaution we have closed the Club restaurant until further notice. Tea and coffee facilities are still available and the bar is open as normal.
The Club and its staff are working hard and have increased its cleaning regime. Please can I ask that you assist by using the anti-bacteria sprays / wipes in the gym and wipe down equipment before and after use. Please use the anti-bacterial hand gel provided prior to entering the Club. The Club has only got a limited supply of hand gel left so please only use on the way into the Club and regularly wash your hands with hot soapy water in the downstairs cloakrooms and changing rooms.
Please continue to follow the advice from the Government and Public Health England.
We will endeavour to keep all our members updated on any decisions that may affect the Club. Be sure to follow our social media accounts, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page. The main form of ongoing member communication will be via email.